We are coming upon the end of the year and this is my last blog post of the year. *sigh*
I am going on year #4 from the start of my company – I can’t believe that it’s been 4 years already. What some waves I have gone through and I am so excited for 2011. Work has not even slowed down – not even on Christmas day.
2010 have been a year full of growth, tragedy and soul searching. I have experienced love and loss and everything in between. Here’s what I have loved and what I have lost.
WHAT I’VE LEARNED
- I learned that living and spending time with my 3 year nephew was both rewarding and frustrating. Rewarding to see such a little person grown and learn. Frustrating for 3am chocolate milk demands. :0)
- I learned that if you are liked by everyone you are doing something wrong
- I learned what unconditional love was – losing my great love, my German shepherd Modena.
- I learned that being surrounded by a handful of people that only want the best for you is better than being surrounded by a 100 of your “closest” friends
- I have learned to stop being a people pleaser and allowing others to take advantage of my kindness. “Never mistake my kindness for weakness”
- I have learned not to dwell on people I can’t control and things that should not matter
- I have learned balance between personal time, work time, love and friends
- I have learned that when all my bills are paid in the beginning I sleep better
- I have learned to love what I do once again and empower others
- And most importantly – I have learned that Dreams Do Come True
I made a great decision on how I am spending my New Years Eve, although not agreeable to everyone. I almost changed my mind and was going to go out but I learned this year to not let others push me in to making decisions I’m not comfortable with.
I have made amazing project pieces this year and 2011 will be starting off with a bang with 2 very large websites launching in January and February. My non-profits are making huge strides and I cannot wait to see what new clients and projects I get next year.
I will still be working with the German shepherd rescue organization – I recently named a new comer, her name is now Juliet. I plan on walking in the petsmart charities walk to support the rescue in February so stay tuned for more information on that!
Have a very safe New years eve and a very happy new year!
Phoenix Graphic Designer